Mumbai Regional round saw 25 Qs in Prelim round. Take a look and check if you would have been in Mumbai, what would be your scorecard?
1. Which landmark and world heritage site in India conceptualized by Mr. F W Stevens which has statues representing “Progress’’, “Engineering & Science”, “Shipping & Commerce” and “Agriculture”?
2. Name the clothing brand controlled by Torreal and started by 3 brothers as Sholemay Ltd. Trading in London.
3. Which company sponsors the “Delivery Man Award”, presented by major league Baseball to the best relief pitchers in the league in the US?
4. Which organization's story?
5. Name the person who coined terms like Confusopoly, BOCTAOE and Philosotainment.
6. What does SB stand in Nike SB?
7. He is the only Indian to be featured in an eighties BBC series on the World’s best managers?
8. Whose HQ is this?
9. Name the CEO of Digital Domain, a visual effects production & technology company.
10. In which Victorian Novel, Mr. Jarvis Lorry is a clerk at Tellson’s Bank in London?
11. On December 31 1970, who advertised its last cigarette advertisement in US, which aired on the “Tonight Show”?
12. Identify the person from the brand.
13. Which was the 1st book published by Mysore based publishing firm Indian Thought Publications in 1943?
14. What process involving Pumice and Chlorine was invented in Italy by the Rifle Jeans Company?
15. Which famous locomotive with a name allegorical to that of Queen Elizabeth I was manufactured by Kitson, Thompson & Hewitson, UK for East Indian Railways?
17. What name is to wine that is made from grapes that were all, or primarily grown and harvested in a single specified year?
18. In which film does Alfred Hitchcock make a cameo as model in a newspaper ad for Reduco Obesity Slayer?
19. Name the brand which was once advertised as “The watch that made the dollar famous”.
20. Identify the advertiser.
21. Who once wrote an article “More than 100 million women are missing” in New York Review, on mortality issues and etc specifically targeted on Asia?
22. Which upscale area is named after the Silver Coin mint established there in 1612 during the Edo periods?
23. Which international financial centre’s name literally means “fragrant harbor” in English?
24. Which company has the copyright over the name “Seal Team 6”, the Navy Seal which was in the operation to kill Osama Bin Laden?
25. It was started in 1984 in Mumbai by R S Kamath as Kamath Ourtimes Ice Creams Pvt. Ltd.
Send your reply to email@example.com
Teams who qualified for the Stage:-
Tata Track - 2 TCS teams, Tata Chemicals, Tata Power, Tata Capital, Tata Advance Systems
Non-Tata Track - Deutsche Bank, Deloitte, IndusInd Bank, Axis Bank, BPCL, Questa Software Systems