skip to main
skip to sidebar
EpL and IpL
TCS IT WIZ
LIMCA BOOK OF RECORDS QUIZ 2011-KOLKATA
Contributed by ArunavhaChanda
1. Who is the only Test cricketer to have scored more runs than Don Bradman, but failed to score in his last innings?
Ans: Sourav Ganguly
2. Which river forms India's Waterway no. 1?
3. Which Indian state had the first woman CM?
Ans: Uttar Pradesh
4. Which Bollywood actor would you associate with the "Being Human" foundation?
Ans: Salman Khan
5. How do we better know singer, Steffani Joanne Angelina Germanotta?
Ans: Lady Gaga
6. The President of which country is also the honorary co-prince of Andorra?
7. On which Indian currency note would you find the picture of a computer monitor?
Ans: Rs. 1000/-
8. In October, 2011, the world's highest webcam was installed on top of which mountain peak?
Ans: Mt. Everest
9. Which painting attracts more than 6 million people every year to the 'Louvre Museum'?
Ans: The Mona Lisa
10. On 10th May, 2001, who sang the ghazal, 'Lagta Nahin Dil Mera...' in the Parliament to commemorate the 150th anniversary of the First War of Indian Independence?
Ans: Jagjit Singh
11. On 9th July 2011, ___________ became the newest country in the world.
Ans: South Sudan
12. Which computer keyboard symbol is traditionally called the pound sign or the number sign in USA?
Ans: # (or) Hash
13. Which continent produces 90% of the world's rice?
14. What is the official colour of the Queen and the Royal Family of the Netherlands?
15. Which scientist saved his city in Sicily from Romans by practical application of pulleys and levers?
16. Omnitrix and the Humungosaur dinosaur can be associated with which television series?
Ans: Ben 10
17. In October 2011, MPs of UK voted to allow which Social Networking site during debates in the House of Commons?
18. Buzz Aldrin, the 2nd man on the moon, appeared in which 2011 Hollywood action film?
Ans: Transformers 3
19. Chef Rafael Esposito designed which food item in honour of Queen Margherita in the colours of the Itaian flag?
20. The adult males of which primate are called 'silverbacks'?
21. Elle Sirleaf and Leymah Gbowee, winners of the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize, hail from which country?
22. In which 1865 children's novel will you find the the King, Queen and Knave of Hearts?
Ans: Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.
23. Plasma, which makes up 55% of blood fluid, is basically 92% what?
24. Camp, Golf, Polo and Half are all types of Shirt, Trousers or Coats?
25. Which Asian country emits more CO2 than USA and Canada combined?
Which cartoon is this?
Ans: Chota Bheem
Identify the game.
Which creature, also called dwarf leopard is this?
29. There was a vague Bengali song played, we had to identify the singer.
Ans: Shreya Ghoshal
30. [Chammak Challo] Music director?
Post Comments ( Atom )
Follow by Email
David “Dick” Byerly was a P & G scientist who was determined to develop the world’s first heavy duty detergent which would allow fo...
Government debt around the world
Japan’s getting an iconic new taxi courtesy of Toyota. The new, aptly named ‘Japan Taxi’ (or Jpn Taxi for conveniently fitting on a roo...
We are doing away with A Question A Day with A Factoid A Day. Its a simple new facts for you which we will try to bring. AFAD 536 Car...
Founded in the 1940’s by Sam Launer who had fled Czechoslovakia with his wife and two sons. The sons pursued other paths – one with the...
Copyright © 2013