Contributed by Ayush Sinha
1. NIC is a premiere S&T institution of the Government of India, established in 1976, for providing e-Governing/e-Governance Solutions adopting best practices, integrated services and global solutions in Government Sector. What does NIC stand for?
National Informatics Centre
2. Metcalfe left Xerox in 1979 to form 3Com . He convinced 3 tech-giants to promote Ethernet as a standard . It was so called DIX. If “D” is for DEC and “X” is for Xerox, then what is it for “I”?
Intel (Not IBM as mentioned in last year’s TCS IT Wiz book)
3. What great innovation was done by August Dvorak and his brother-in-law William Dealey, that is now a historical achievement as of now?(Specific answer required)
4. Identify the logo?
Sony Playstation Move
5. John Walker founded this company with 12 other engineers in 1982, Which aims at providing brilliant 3D design software for use in architecture, engineering and building construction, manufacturing, and media and entertainment. What is the company?
6. It is a semiconductor device used to amplify and switch electronic signals . It was jointly developed by William Shockley, Walter Brattain, John Bardeen. What are we talking about?
7.This famous book depicts which great personality in the world of IT?
8. In computing , X is any small application that performs one specific task that runs within the scope of a larger program , often as a plug-in . What is X?(Options given Applet/Crash/Flog) Applet
9.What is the name of the mascot of Yahoo!Mail?(Hint- Its a cryptic word somewhere in the question)
10. Ludicorp, a Vancouver -based company, launched in February 2004. It is a video and web hosting site.The service emerged out of tools originally created for Ludicorp's Game Neverending, a web-based massively multiplayer online game .What?
11. In 1941, Jorge Luis Borges created a novel based on that style. It is the underlying concept which defined the World Wide Web?
14.This company also called “Integrated Electronics” though initially founded in 1968 ran much popular in 1990s. What significant company are we talking of?
15.Edwardo Saverin, Dustin Muskovitz, Chris Hughes and one another boy found what significant site in the IT world?
16.Acronym as PDF in general. What is the full form?
Portable document format
16. Which cricketer is the brand ambassador of the very popular for Optical and imaging products, Canon?
17.This is the old logo of?
18. A privately-held, online gaming portal, with browser games in India (services provided Globally), promoted by the Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group's subsidiary company Reliance Big Entertainment. Which is this famous gaming portal?
19.Identify.(Clue given-First storage automatic Calculator)
20. Google celebrated this doodle on the 115 th discovery of what in the world?
For visuals visit here