Credit: Rajiv D'Silva
1. Which country became the first to use multiple choice questions in recruitment tests? China/USA/Germany
2. According to NBA rules, which is the only part of a player’s attire on which a commercial logo can be sported?
3. “With utmost respect to Human Values, we promise to serve our customer with Integrity, through Innovative, Value for Money solutions, by ________ ________, day after day.” Fill in the blanks with the tagline of the company.
4. In April 2008, what was Subroto Bagchi’s official designation at Mind Tree Consulting changed to?
5. Which legendary scooter brand was introduced by MA Chidambaram and manufactured at the Automobile Products of India plant in Mumbai?
6. When Thomas Sullivan invented the concept of tea bags, what material did he make the bags with?
7. Stocks of which Unilever brand were first unloaded at Calcutta Port in 1888?
8. This global brand’s slogan, “Come alive to the ________ Generation”, when translated into Chinese, read, “_________ makes your ancestors come back from the grave”. Which brand?
9. Which company was founded in Taiwan by Stan Shih with their first product being a pocket calculator?
10. Who coined the terms TGW (Things Going Wrong) & TGR (Things Going Right)?
11. Which publishing giant was founded in 1927 by Bennett Cerf and Donald Klopfer, two years after they acquired the Modern Library imprint?
12. What did Ray Tomlinson introduce with the programme SNDMSG that included the letters QWERTYUIOP?
13. What product was invented by a Belgian chemist as “a thermosetting phenol formaldehyde resin, formed from an elimination reaction of phenol with formaldehyde” which was subsequently named after him?
14. Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee has recently introduced low cost AC train services for the youth which has been branded with the same name as a Mani Ratnam film. Which one?
15. Which fast-food chain gets its name from the character of J. Wellington from the cartoon strip Popeye?
16. Pic – Yusuf Hameed of CIPLA
17. Pic – Founders of Pizza Hut next to their first outlet.
18. Pic – Logo of Zynga
19. Movie poster – Production house of Raavan – Madras Talkies
20. Print ad – Hero Honda