TC 2010 – Hyderabad round: Prelims
1. Which car launched in India, was Japan’s highest selling car at the time of its launch in India having slogan “A car full of Ideas”?
2. A famous car from the Ford stable created a class of “pony car”, this was having a horse as its logo. In some part of the world the name of the car would be translated to “mustache”?
3. Identify this creator of a world famous magazine, very famous?
4. This aircraft company is ranked by the Guinness book as the producer of largest no. of aircraft's; typically know for its small aircraft's around the world?
5. Recently Bunge India acquired which iconic brand from Unilever? (think of generic brand)
7. Which famous magazine was created by Briton Hadden and Henry Luce…….& (Giri in his style quoted further saying- it has stood the test of “time”……giving away the answer)
8. “The Affluent Society” was the famous book by this Harvard economist, also served the post of American ambassador to India – name the person?
9. Identify the author –
a. Rangarajan b. Bimal Jalan c. Y V Reddy
10. Identify the product/brand which was launched as an antiseptic cream “ found in almost all homes”
11. Which is the group/organization she is heading…..think HYD?
12. Idea created in 1952 by California clothing company Pacific Mills. The Concept then became part of Kayser-Roth and then Gulf and Western Industries, before being acquired by Donald Trump in 1996 – the world waits for the result every year?
13. Name of the plan that was created in 1950 for the Co-operative Economic development of the South and South-east Asian countries?
a. Bombay plan b. Colombo plan c. Jakarta plan
14. Name the person heading this media house …..(Workable)?
15. Which country is the OPEC’s largest Oil exporter?
16. Identify the brand – Print ad of Garnier Fructis Shampoo + Oil 2 in 1?
17. Which organizations motto – “Service above self”?
18. Which sity is known as world’s diamond capital accounting for 70% of trade –
a. Dubai b. Antwerp c. Surat
19. Created in 2001 it was because of the merger of Arbed (Luxumberg), Aceralia (Spain) & Usinor (France)?
20. Identify the producer of the film – song from “All the best” movie was played?
CONTRIBUTED By Rahul Pagar
"Attended HYD round of TC campus 2010, it was as usual grt to see giri & more than 100 teams participated. The theme was IPL T-20 . 2 wild card resulting in 1 team each plus the other 4 finalists made the 6 teams...interesting was in wild acrd 1 three teams were of gals nice to see that."
SSIM: Sarkar, Rahul Kumar
Vasavi: Harsha Prasanna
NIT W: Krishnan, Shyamal Mishra
ISB: Bhargava & Sohail
VNR: Joice & T Shankar
IBS: Raja Satish & Angana Deb
ISB were the winners & IBS the runnersup but it was close very close for last question 4 teams were in the picture , who ever gets it right was suppose to be the winner & the brand ISB did.....Also it was first time in history of TC that ISB has won the HYD round of TC campus.
TRIVIA of this TC is that MR. Raja Satish is still a student, I remember him as a student quizzer of my time (year 2007)...surprisingly he is still in IBS..doing his MBA even after 3 years…