Company History 3: Goodyear
The company Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company was founded in 1898 when Frank Seiberling purchased what would be the first plant of the company with the money he borrowed from his brother.
In 1901 Frank Seiberling provided Henry Ford with racing tires. By 1908 Ford was outfitting his Model T with Goodyear tires. A year later Goodyear manufactured its first aircraft tire.
Seiberling decided to christen the company with the name of the courageous pioneer Charles Goodyear, the discoverer of the vulcanization of rubber. Also, he chose the winged foot logo that used to continue today, has become a symbolic link to the past of the company.