State-owned Oriental Insurance has provided insurance cover of Rs 610 crore to 5 IPL franchise teams, including the defending champion Chennai Super Kings.The insurance cover include personal accident, medical insurance and loss of baggage.
- The highest insurance cover of Rs 160 crore was provided to Kochi Tuskers Kerala.
- Chennai Super Kings were insured for Rs 136 crore, the second highest cover among the 5 teams.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni is the highest insured player with Rs 34 crore. Last year, he was given an insurance cover of Rs 10 crore.
- Pune Warriors, which is owned by Sahara India, has bought policy cover of Rs 122.4 crore for 30 players.
- Rajasthan Royals has got personal accident cover of Rs 93.7 crore, second edition winner Deccan Chargers is insured with a sum of Rs 98 crore.
- Pune Warriors captain Yuvraj Singh has been given personal accident cover of Rs 24.7 crore while his teammate Robin Uthappa gets Rs 28.8 crore cover.
- Suresh Raina of Chennai Super Kings and Mahela Jayawardene captain of Kochi Tuskers Kerala has been given cover of Rs 20.5 crore.
- Oriental Insurance provided an insurance cover of more than Rs 1,000 crore to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), the apex governing body and the owners of different franchises in the last edition.