Mind Game: Archive::QM:- Anindya Bhattacharjee Part-1
1. Which artform is believed to have originated time of the Ramayana, when King Janak ordered the artists in his kingdom to make beautiful paintings for the wedding of his daughter, Sita, to Lord Rama?
2. Phulkari is a style of embroidery. What is the term for a cloth which is fully covered with phulkari?
3. According to legends a demon frequently plundered this place. Terrorized by him the locals pleaded with Lord Brahma forprotection. Brahma then "pulled out of his own body", an eight armed goddess who vanquished the demon. Brought to his knees, the demon implored the goddess to take his name and built a temple in her honour. She is considered the patron of salt collectors and fishermen. Who is she/What is named after her?
4. In 1834 a committee appointed by William Bentick came up with what conclusion which was followed up by “experiments” in north Bengal and later north east?
5. In 1932 what first in the world was accomplished at the Palamau Forests after considering
a. Pug Marks
b. Length of stride.
c. Details of walk speed.
d. Surface and texture of the ground (hard or soft).
e. Information on the surrounding area.
f. Scratch marks.
g. Visual sightings.
i. Anything else considered to be of importance